Insight: Osmand is an open source navigation app with raster/vector maps
Osmand+ is an open source navigation app with access to a wide variety of global open road map data. All map data (vector or mosaic maps) can be stored on the phone’s memory card for offline use. Osmand also offers offline and online routing features including voice guidance.
Osmand+ is the paid version of the application, by purchasing it you support the project, finance the development of new features, and receive the latest updates.
Some of the basic features:
– Full offline functionality (store downloaded vector or tile maps in a selectable folder)
– Compact offline vector maps for the whole world available
– Unlimited download of country or region maps directly from the app
– Offline Wikipedia functionality (download Wikipedia POIs), ideal for sightseeing
– Overlay of multiple map layers possible, like GPX or navigation tracks, points of interest, favorites, contour lines, public transport stops, additional maps with customizable transparency
– Offline search for addresses and places (POI)
– Offline routing for short distances (experimental)
– Car, bike and pedestrian modes with:
– Optional automatic day/night view switching
– Map zoom according to optional speed
– Optional map alignment according to compass or direction of movement
• New faster map rendering engine version 2 (OpenGL), with 2.5D view
• Smooth animation of moving location changes
• New widgets for map center coordinates and elevation geolocations
• “Distance to press”: text size options added
• “Map Marker” widget: added option to change click behavior
• Fixed “Display position” option
• GPX: added support for “link”, “cmt”, “desc” tags and all custom extensions
• Reorganized “Nautical charts” list
• Added support for ANT+ sensors
- OsmAnd Live / Paid features unlocked;
- Permissions + Receivers + Providers + Undesirable Services Disabled / Removed;
- Optimized, zip-aligned graphics and cleaned up resources for fast loading;
- Debug code removed;
- AOSP-compatible mode;
- Languages: multiple full languages;
- CPUs: armeabi-v7a, arm64-v8a, x86, x86_64;
- Screen DPI: 160dpi, 240dpi, 320dpi, 480dpi, 640dpi;
- The signature on the original packaging has changed;
- Exit by Balatan.
This app has no ads
All-in-one: armeabi-v7a, arm64-v8a, x86, x86_64:
Download problem? Read This.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.